Low Carb Asparagus and Shrimp Salad
Asparagus and Shrimp Salad is so easy to make, low in carbs, and full of protein. This is a beautiful and refreshing salad for any occasion.
- 1 Pound Fresh Or Frozen Medium Shrimp In Shells
- 1/2 Teaspoon Finely Shredded Orange Peel
- 2 Tablespoons Orange Juice
- 1 Pound Fresh Asparagus, Trimmed
- 3 Oranges
- Orange Juice (Optional)
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil Or Salad Oil
- 1 Tablespoon White Wine Vinegar
- 1 Clove Garlic, Minced
- 1 Teaspoon Chopped Fresh Tarragon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 6 Cups Torn Mixed Salad Greens
- 1/4 Cup Sliced Green Onions
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact if desired. Rinse shrimp; pat dry with paper towels. In a large saucepan, bring 4 cups water to boiling. Add shrimp; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 1 to 3 minutes or until shrimp are opaque. Drain in colander. Rinse with cold water; drain again. Transfer shrimp to a bowl. Add orange peel and the 2 tablespoons orange juice; toss gently to coat.
- In a covered medium saucepan, cook asparagus in a small amount of boiling water for 4 to 6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain in colander. Rinse with cold water; drain again.
- Peel oranges. Working over a bowl, cut oranges into sections; reserve 1/3 cup of the juice. (If necessary, add additional orange juice to make 1/3 cup.) In a small bowl, whisk together the 1/3 cup orange juice, the oil, vinegar, garlic, tarragon, salt, and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine shrimp, asparagus, orange sections, greens, and green onions. Pour dressing over all; toss gently to coat.
The Keto Diet Recipe Cafe http://ketovip.club/